- Tik Tok is one of the fastest growing social media platforms
- Fifth most used social media platform, seventh in Australia.
- In Australia, TikTok ads have the potential to reach 7.38 million users.
How to Grow your Business on TikTok
TikTok is a short-form video app where users can share creative and entertaining videos. TikTok gives you an opportunity to engage with other users organically and through paid ads.
Organic posts are videos you create and post on TikTok without using any paid promotion. These posts can be on any topic within your business’ niche and is the best way to get started with using TikTok.
Paid ads on TikTok work similarly to other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. You create an ad and target a specific audience.
There are three types of paid ads on TikTok:
- In-Feed Ads – These ads appear in between the users normal content. They are about 60 seconds and are great because it blends in with the normal posts.
- Brand Takeovers – These are full screen ads that appers on a users app as soon as they open up their account. it is the first video they see and is usauly a 3-second image.
- Spark Ads – Spark ads are used to promote a businesses organic videos, showing you which of your videos is performing best and use spark ads to promote those videos
You can also use Branded hashtags which is a hashtag you create and then get other people to use on their videos to promote your business and create brand awareness.
Do’s & Don’ts
DO: Post creative and entertaining content that is realated to your business
DON’T: Post videos that is overly promotional
DO: Use tiktok algorithm to you advantage by creating content your targeted audience will enjoy.
DON’T: Post low quality videos
DO: Use tiktok to drive traffic to your website or landing page
DON’T: Be inauthentic or boring
DO: Use hashtags and trends to get more views on your videos and exiperiment with different types of content to find what workes best for your business.